Books, Candles, Ceramic & Clay Flower Pots, Christmas Ornaments, Decorative Items, Drinking Glasses, Ice Packs, Jewelry Items, Magazines, Telephone Books, Directories & Notepads, Packs, Cases, Purses & Wallets, Photo Albums, Platters, Dishes, Bowls & Mugs, Sewing & Knitting Supplies, Small Metal Items, Sporting Goods & Accessories, Tents & Tarpaulins, Toys, Puzzles & Games, Vinyl Records, Wicker Baskets
Household items that are in good condition can often be sold at a yard sale, given away, or donated to charity.
Magazines and Telephone Books can often be recycled with paper products. Confirm services.
Items in poor condition should be disposed of in the trash bin.
- Goodwill – 904-384-1361
- Salvation Army
- Advanced Disposal – Fernandina Beach
- Advanced Disposal – Nassau County
- Meridian Waste – Town of Callahan
- Meridian Waste – Nassau County
Creative Ways to Sell & Give Away Literature
- Sell books on Amazon
- Give away, sell or swap books away on Facebook
- Donate books to GoodWill
- Give magazines to retirement homes, assisted living facilities or doctors offices
- Donate magazines and catalogues to teachers for school projects
- Sell them back to a used book store like Half Price Books
- Start a Little Free Library in your neighborhood! It’s a “take a book, give a book” gathering place where neighbors share their favorite literature and stories. In its most basic form, a Little Free Library is a box full of books where anyone may stop by and pick up a book (or two) and bring back another book to share.
- If all else fails, simply place your books and magazines in the recycling bin, and not the trash! Be sure to check with your service provided before recycling hardcover books. Some require the spines of hardcover books be removed prior to recycling.
Courtesy of The Recycle Guide, http://www.recycleguide.org/